Wednesday, October 17, 2007

THE LORD’S SUPPER


“For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come” (1 Corinthians 9:23-26).

The Lord’s Supper was instituted by our Lord and to be observed in His church unto the end of the world, for the continual remembrance of the sacrifice of Himself in His death for us as the sealing of benefits thereof unto all His redeemed, justified, and regenerate people, all who believe in Him. It commemorates our spiritual nourishment and growth in Him, our bond and pledge of communion with Him and with each other as members of His body.


No comments: